The two restaurants in Funchal continue in the Michelin Guide
Il Gallo D'Oro and William restaurants keep the stars in the 2019 edition of the Michelin Guide for Portugal and Spain.
Chef Benoît Sinthon keeps two stars in his Il Gallo D'Oro and Chef Luís Pestana assures the maintenance of the star in the restaurant William.
The list of distinguished restaurants was known in a gala that was held for the first time in Portugal, in this case in Lisbon.
In total the country goes from 28 to 32 stars, distributed by 26 restaurants, six of which have two stars and the rest with one. The list also includes three new restaurants.
The Alma, in Lisbon, got the second star, in what was the main novelty of the night. Another novelty was the entrance of restaurants of new places in the country: G Pousada, in Bragança, by Óscar and António Gonçalves, A Cozinha, in Guimarães, "by António Loureiro and Midori, in Sintra, led by Pedro Almeida.All other restaurants in Portugal maintain the distinctions of previous years.
Complete list of Michelin Stars 2019 for Portugal:
- Alma (Lisbon) - Henrique Sá Pessoa - NOVIDADE
- Belcanto (Lisbon) - José Avillez
- Il Gallo d'Oro (Funchal) - Benoit Sinthon
- Ocean (Armação de Pêra) - Hans Neuner
- The Yeatman (Vila Nova de Gaia) - Ricardo Costa
- Vila Joya (Albufeira) - Dieter Koshina
- The Kitchen (Guimarães) - António Loureiro - NEW
- G Pousada (Bragança) - Óscar and António Gonçalves - NEW
- Midori (Sintra) - Pedro Almeida - NEWS
- View (Portimão) - João Oliveira
- Gusto (Almancil) - Heinz Beck
- Antiqvvm (Oporto) - Vitor Matos
- Bon Bon (Carvoeiro) - Louis Anjos
- Casa da Calçada (Amarante) - Tiago Bonito
- Boa Nova Tea House (Leça da Palmeira) - Rui Paula
- Eleven (Lisbon) - Joachim Koerper
- Feitoria (Lisbon) - João Rodrigues
- Fortress of Guincho (Cascais) - Gil Fernandes
- Henrique Leis (Almancil) - Henrique Leis
- LAB (Penha Longa, Sintra) - Sergi Arola
- L'And Vineyards (Montemor-o-Novo) - Miguel Laffan
- Loco (Lisbon) - Alexandre Silva
- Pedro Lemos (Porto) - Pedro Lemos
- San Gabriel (Almancil) - Leonel Pereira
- William (Funchal) - Luís Pestana
- Willie's (Vilamoura) - Willie Wurger